After World War II ended in 1945, the 1950’s brought prosperity, and one by one new homes were built, many of them ranches. The very first was at the corner of Cliff and Beach Roads. Thereafter, the pace of building accelerated into the 1960’s and 70’s until almost all buildable land became occupied. Today in 2007 Belle Terre numbers three hundred homes instead of fifty. Residents are deeply attached to its romantic past, to the beauty of Belle Terre’s nature and to its early architecture. Of their own volition they raised funds to enable the rebuilding of the entrance gates exactly as they were in 1903.
Gatherings to learn about Belle Terre’s history are popular, especially among young people who are eager to pass this history on to their children. On the site of the former Belle Terre Club, one resident has erected a home that embodies many of the architectural elements contained in the original club. Wherever in the world one runs into a former resident, the mention of Belle Terre elicits great affection and nostalgia. In many ways Belle Terre still fulfills the Alvord dream of a quiet home in the country in the midst of ‘beautiful land.”